OPPORTUNITY: RMIT Culture is seeking Event Attendant and Event Supervisor
- Multiple Casual, Fixed Term positions
- Event Attendant and Event Supervisor positions available
- Based at the RMIT campus in the heart of the city (however may be required to work and/or be based at other campuses of the University.)
About RMIT Culture
Part of the International and Engagement portfolio, RMIT Culture supports connections across teaching and research, partners and audience through the delivery of public engagement. RMIT Culture offers a curated program of events and exhibitions dedicated to building a community of art, culture and ideas, uniting the University’s creative programs, cultural collections and public cultural spaces including The Capitol, RMIT Gallery, First Site Gallery and RMIT Design Hub Gallery.
About the role
RMIT Culture is building a team of event specialists to work across our venues and is recruiting for both Event Attendant and Event Supervisor positions. We’re looking for individuals interested in creating a positive and memorable experience by providing a welcoming and safe front of house environment for audience, patrons, visitors and staff, exemplary customer service, venue presentation standards, and delivery of RMIT Culture’s events, exhibitions and activities. We highly value event and hospitality veterans’ experience, an enthusiasm for art, culture and ideas, and a positive attitude.
You’ll be joining a dynamic, creative and friendly team who are passionate about customer service, venue presentation and event delivery.
To be successful in these positions, you’ll have as a minimum:
- Demonstrated commitment to and interest in (one or all) film, theatre, music, performing arts, media arts or contemporary visual culture.
- Demonstrated ability to provide a high level of visitor service, with proven sensitivity to the requirements of diverse audiences.
- Demonstrated experience in front of house coordination or venue operations (preferable in a gallery, theatre, cinema or festival setting), or experience in the hospitality industry.
- Proven ability to work effectively with minimal supervision, follow instructions and complete tasks effectively and in a timely manner.
- Proven ability to support complex event management and prioritise competing tasks and timelines.
- Demonstrated ability to be adaptable to a flexible work schedule that includes evenings, weekends and holidays.
Desirable: First Aid Certificate and Responsible Service of Alcohol
Please Note: Appointment to this position is subject to passing a Working with Children Check and other checks as required by the specific role. Maintaining a valid Working With Children Check is a condition of employment at RMIT.
Please email your CV and covering letter addressing your suitability for this position to email@example.com, specifying the position you are applying for in the subject line:
Application: Event Attendant
Application: Event Supervisor
For further information about this position, please see the Position Description below or contact Verity Hayward via email firstname.lastname@example.org
Position Description – Event Attendant
Position Description – Event Supervisor
Applications close on Wednesday 22 March 2023 at 11.59 pm.
RMIT is an equal opportunity employer committed to being a child safe organisation. We are dedicated to attracting, retaining and developing our people regardless of gender identity, ethnicity, sexual orientation, disability and age. Applications are encouraged from all sectors of the community and we strongly encourage applications from the Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander community.
Please note that whilst we still accept applications from any persons interested in our roles, due to the impacts of COVID-19, we are currently prioritising applications from those with current working rights in Australia and who are not affected by travel restrictions. Please see the latest updates to Australia’s immigration and border arrangements during the COVID-19 (Coronavirus) outbreak here.
We are a Circle Back Initiative Employer – we commit to respond to every applicant.
Image: Install view of Moon Girle, ‘𝘈 𝘛𝘳𝘢$𝘩𝘺 𝘙𝘩𝘢𝘱𝘴𝘰𝘥𝘺’ (detail) 2022 on the opening night of the exhibition. Photo: Keelan O’Hehir.